Polyphenylene ether is a high-strength engineering plastic developed in the 1960s. The chemical name is poly2,6-dimethyl-1,4-phenylene ether, referred to as PPO (Polyphenylene Oxide) or PPE (Polypheylene ether), also known as Polyphenylene oxide or polyphenylene ether.
Method for preparing polyphenylene ether: contacting a polyphenylene ether solution obtained by polymerization in the presence of a water-insoluble polymerization solvent and a catalyst with an aqueous chelating agent solution to stop the polymerization reaction and deactivate the catalyst; The solvent of the water-soluble and insoluble polyphenylene ether precipitates the polyphenylene ether, and separates and recovers the precipitated polyphenylene ether.
Basic performance of PPO
1. White particles. Good comprehensive performance, can be used in 120 degree steam, good electrical insulation, small water absorption, but has a tendency to stress crack. Modified polyphenylene oxide can eliminate stress cracking.
2. Outstanding electrical insulation and water resistance, good abrasion resistance and electrical properties, good dimensional stability. Its dielectric properties rank first in plastics.
3. MPPO is a modified material prepared by blending PPO and HIPS. All materials on the market are such materials.
4, has high heat resistance, glass transition temperature of 211 degrees, melting point of 268 degrees, heating to 330 degrees has a tendency to decompose, the higher the content of PPO, the better the heat resistance, the heat distortion temperature can reach 190 degrees.
5. Good flame retardancy, self-interest, and medium flammability when mixed with HIPS. Lightweight and non-toxic for use in the food and pharmaceutical industries. Poor light resistance, discoloration when used in the sun for a long time.
6. It can be blended with ABS, HDPE, PPS, PA, HIPS, glass fiber, etc.
Characteristics of PPO plastic raw materials
A. PPO plastic raw materials are non-toxic, transparent, and relatively low in density. They have excellent mechanical strength, resistance to stress relaxation, creep resistance, heat resistance, water resistance, water vapor resistance, and dimensional stability.
B. Good electrical properties in a wide temperature and frequency range, non-hydrolytic, small  type shrinkage, self-extinguishing flame resistance, resistance to inorganic acids, alkalis, aromatic hydrocarbons, halogenated hydrocarbons, oils, etc. Poor performance, easy to swell or stress crack.
C. It has the advantages of high rigidity, high heat resistance, flame resistance, high strength and excellent electrical properties.
D. Polyether has the advantages of wear resistance, non-toxicity, and pollution resistance.
E. The dielectric constant and dielectric loss of PPO plastic raw materials are one of the smallest varieties in engineering plastics, and they are hardly affected by temperature and humidity.
The load deformation temperature of F and PPO can reach above 190 ℃, and the embrittlement temperature is -170 ℃.
G. The main disadvantage is that the melt flow is poor, and the processing is difficult.
Pure PPO materials have the disadvantages of poor melt fluidity and high price. The products sold on the market are all improved products with excellent comprehensive properties. They are widely used in:
Electronic and electrical
It can meet the requirements of excellent electrical insulation under the conditions of humidity, load and high temperature. It can be used to prepare TV chip tuning coils, coil cores, microwave insulation parts, shielding cases, high-frequency printed circuit boards, various high-voltage electronic components, television Machine, computer, fax machine, copier case, etc.
Suitable for instrument panel parts, window frames, shock absorbers, pump filters, etc.
Used as gears, bearings, pump impellers, blower impeller blades, etc.
Used to make corrosion-resistant parts such as pipes, valves, filters and submersible pumps.
Telphone:+86.13012051391 E-mail:firstname.lastname@example.org Skype:jun.shi03
©2004-2020 esoo.org. All Rights Reserved.
© 2010-2019 Rogue Fitness. All Rights Reserved.